Rough Church is the moniker of Los Angeles-based musician Greg Franco and he’s releasing his new album Shhhh this month on the Auckland, NZ label Powertool Records. The other strong NZ connection is that Franco recorded the album with Tom Bell at Chick’s Hotel in Port Chalmers. He was also able to use the talents of two of the country’s most influential musicians in David Kilgour (The Clean) and Robert Scott (The Bats, The Clean) on guitar and bass respectively.
Franco is bringing out his band for a tour of both AU and NZ through February and March.
- 20th Feb @ Woodcock Festival, Tauranga
- 21st Feb @ UFO, New Lynn, Auckland (+ Joed Out, Fyodor)
- 25th Feb @ The Old Bar, Melbourne (+ Gold Medal Famous, Mia Schoen, Elli & Bev, Sarah Mary Chadwick)
- 26th Feb @ Grace Darling Hotel, Melbourne (+ Mucus Kids, The Olsen Twins, Levitating Churches)
- 28th Feb @ The Tote, Melbourne – Kaleidoscope World Series (+ Gold Medal Famous, Mucus Kids)
- 3rd Mar @ The Edinburgh Castle Hotel, Adelaide
- 4th Mar @ The Gasoline Pony, Marrickville, Sydney
- 5th Mar @ Town & Country Hotel, Sydney
- 9th Mar @ Moon (+ VORN), Wellington
- 10th Mar @ Golden Dawn, Auckland
- 11th Mar @ UFO, New Lynn, Auckland – Andrew Maitais Birthday Party (+ Poppycock)