There seem to be a ton of music comps doing the rounds at the moment, whether it is the soulless plasticity of TV talent shows, songwriting competitions or industry led initiatives at unearthing new artists. At the good end of the spectrum is a new search for Australia’s best electronic DJ/producer led by the Australian Independent Music Awards (AIMAs) in conjunction with beer titans Budweiser. Hooking up with the brew giant means there is an exciting bounty of prizes on offer for the lucky winner plus mega bragging rights.
- A tour to the USA where you’ll spin at the legendary Marquee venues in New York and Las Vegas, plus an elite NYC party.
- Exclusive homecoming gigs at Australia’s hottest clubs, including Marquee The Star Sydney.
- Guaranteed media exposure in leading electronic music publications and websites.
- Pioneer DDJ-SX, the world’s first native controller for Serato DJ (plus software).
- Ongoing support, opening up potential festival appearances, international DJ sets, sponsorships and industry intros.
For those interested in entering just head over to the official website and make sure you submit your track before SEPTEMBER 30TH 2013. The winner, as selected by an independent judging panel of music and entertainment industry experts, will be announced at the AIMA ceremony at the New Event Centre at The Star in Sydney on 7th November 2013.
Keep an eye on the event Facebook Page for more details.